5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2014 1:43 PM by Florian Weiß RSS

Problem connecting SAS sas7bdat-file with ODBC/OLEDB

Corinna Theiß

Hi Guys!

I have to connect SAS (one sas7bdat-file) as a new data source to QlikView.

As we prefer OLEDB as Connection method, we installed the corresponding driver (64bit) offered on SAS Support page ().

Unfortunately we experienced the error  ErrorSource: , ErrorMsg: Der lokale provider unterstütz zur Zeit keine SQL-Verarbeitung.

After browsing the internet, we found "OLE DB is not able to use SELECT-Statements".

So we decided to install the ODBC-Driver (64bit) http://support.sas.com/demosdownloads/sysdep_t1.jsp;jsessionid=0627FD2452C8966AD3CCC27AA45D5A15.tc5j5_external_w2?packageID=000889&jmpflag=N

Unfortunately, it is not working after installing it with the description QlikTech offers (and which is referenced in many posts) "How to Setup ODBC Connection to SAS Datasets".

We had to install it to D:\  instead of C:\  (i do not know, if this triggers problems).

Trying to use the ODBC-Driver which we created, QlikView throws SQL##f - SqlState: IM006, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed

Could it be a problem with the installation path and/or the settings in the ODBC-driver?

as the ODBC-Driver asks for paths for sas.exe an a working directory,  i do not know which paths i have to use..

Our system is not running SAS itself, we just have the sas7bdat file to try loading it.

Is there anyone having a solution for this problem?