3 Replies Latest reply: Feb 6, 2013 4:34 AM by Jonathan Brough RSS

Chart with total amount of Sales for TOP 3

Mathias Mühlfelder

Folks,

I have searched the forum endlessly, but i couldn't find my solution.

I am trying to create a line-chart, with only one line( grouped lines or bars i what I have achieved already). And this line shall include the total Sales Sum of the top 3 customers.

Meaning: Chart shall have a X dimension which is date. The Y-dimension should be the total sum of Sales of the top 3 customers on this particular day.

Columns in the table are:

- MasterDate // Date of each day

- SendingPartner // Customer Name

- Sales // Amount of sales on this day

Can you help me with building an expression which works in a chart. I am able to calculate the sum already for a text box, but drilling this down always gives me by using the aggr function also the SendingPartner split. And I'd like to avoid this, because i the chart i only need one line.

Thanks so much,

Cheers

• Re: Chart with total amount of Sales for TOP 3
          Jonathan Brough

Sounds like you'll need to use the rank() function as a condition within your expression.

This would give you the rankings:

rank(sum({$<TransDate={'>=$(SalesStart) <=$(SalesEnd)'}>} SalesValue))

This could then probably be used as follows (not sure how to do exclusively with set analysis though):

sum(if(rank(sum({$<TransDate={'>=$(SalesStart) <=$(SalesEnd)'}>} SalesValue))<=3,

sum({$<TransDate={'>=$(SalesStart) <=$(SalesEnd)'}>} SalesValue)

)

Haven't tested this myself.

Jonathan