4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 10, 2013 5:51 AM by Sokkorn Cheav RSS

Selectable expression

Kinjal Shah

Hi,

I have a expression where I sum a couple of values on a field.

I want to be able to through the list box only some of the values on the field and the sum should change. Currently this is not working.

Expression :

=

Sum({<[accnt]={'0000123000','0000456700','000089102000'}>}Poqty

)

• Re: Selectable expression
          Rebecca Molstad

Your syntax is fine for summing up only those three account numbers.  What exactly is your desired output? You may need to upload a sample file.

Sokkorn Cheav

Hi,

Your set analysis is working fine with static value from [accnt]. To make it dynamic, you need to get selected field value from other object (mostly ListBox). Now let try set analysis below:

=Sum({$< [accnt] = {$(=Concat(CHR(39) & [ListBoxField] & CHR(39),','))}>} Poqty)

Let me know whether it work or not.

Regards,

Sokkorn

Kinjal Shah

Hi Sokkorn,

I am not sure how I would be able to place this in my expression. I have to provide certain accnt numbers in the expression and I want to be able to select within those account numbers via a list box. In the above expression where will I provide those account numbers

Sokkorn Cheav

Hi kinjal22,

Let me understand well with you. Is it [accnt] is your field? This field have data like '0000123000','0000456700','000089102000', right? And where you use this expression

=Sum({<[accnt]={'0000123000','0000456700','000089102000'}>} Poqty)? Which sheet object you use this expression? It is possible to share your app?

Regards,

Sokkorn