Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Separating Date Filters

I have two charts and the data backing the two are the same but need separate date filters.  I have attached an image of the sheet.  Please help me determine the best method for completing this task.

Gauge Issue.png

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Are you going to be hard-coding the date range or will it need to be two seperate list boxes to make the date range dynamic? If you want to go "hard-coded" then you can use set analysis; otherwise you could use Alternate States.

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Island table is another option as well

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi,

can you please forward the test application.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

Your sample picture looks like two different metrics for a single date range.  But if you want two distinct date (or other dimensions) for two charts that you want to compare, and you are using QV 11, you can use the Alternate States feature to do this easily.

Or depending on the specific requirements, you could just opt to apply Set Analysis that refines the user's existing selections.

manojkvrajan
Luminary
Luminary

It is good to create an Island table with the same date and use set analysis to pass the user selection values (to connect with the data model).

Please share the sample application to provide you the solution.