1) CALs are not released automatically.
2) QlikView will first check if a named cal is assigned, it will then check if a document cal is assigned, then it will try to assign a named cal, if none are available it will try to a assign a document cal if none are available it will fail.
If the document has 6 doc cals available, 5 assigned and dynamic assignment selected then the next person that tries to access it, that doesn't have a named cal, a document cal or can't assign a named cal it will then assign him the 6th doc cal available to that document.
No CALs are released automatically.
3) Please check the QlikView Server Reference Manual for more information in section "15.4 Combining Different CALs".
15.4 Combining Different CALs
A given instance of QlikView Server can carry any combination of the CAL types listed in CAL Types (page 81). When different CAL types are combined on the same server, the order of priority in the CAL assignment is done as follows:
1. If there is a dedicated Named User CAL for the connecting client, it is used.
2. If there is a dedicated Document CAL for the connecting client, it is used.
3. If a new Named User CAL can be assigned to the connecting client, it is used.
4. If a new Document CAL can be assigned to the connecting client, it is used.
5. If there is an available Session CAL, it is used.
6. If there is an available Usage CAL, it is used.
7. If none of the above, access is denied.
you questions are awnserd already.
But you have a more difficult problem but mybe you can solve this by using the qv-user-Admin, just look for the power Tools http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3059
1. Define some dumcument admins that will set the access rights for single documents, you can define how many doc cals can be used for a single doc.
2. Check how many document cals are used by a single user and if there is a single user that is assight to more then 5 document cals, add this user the AD Group of named cals or to the named cal group at qv. and remove this user from the document cals