cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexOmetis
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Salesforce data reload working in Desktop client, doesn't work in SBE

I've been using the Salesforce.com connector for a while on a local document that I have developed on my own machine. It's now come time to put it on a server so others can access it too. The problem I have is that, whilst it reloads fine in the Desktop client, as soon as I try to reload via the server (SBE), it fails.

Here are some of the symptoms:

• In the TaskLog from the server I get messages like:
    • Error The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\QLIKVIEW\USERDOCS\Salesforce.qvw.
    • Error     The task "UserDocs/Salesforce.qvw" failed. Exception:
      QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.ReloadFailedException: Reload failed ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.LogBucketErrorException: The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully. DocumentPath=C:\QLIKVIEW\USERDOCS\Salesforce.qvw.    
      at QDSMain.ReloadTask.VerifyConditions(TaskResult taskResult)   
      at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)   
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   
      at QDSMain.ReloadTask.Reload(String fileName, TaskResult taskResult, String sectionAccessUserName, String sectionAccessPassword, eReloadOptions reloadOption, String variableName, String variableValue, Boolean moniterCpuUsage)   
      at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)   
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---   
      at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)   
      at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)
  • In the DocumentLog I get messages like:
    • CUSTOM CONNECT*Provider*SalesForceDLL.dll*XUserId*XPassword*
    • LOAD Id as UserId,
      ***Lots more fields***
      SQL SELECT *
      FROM User
    • Error: Field not found - <Id>
    • General Script Error
  • I finally traced what appears to be the key difference down to the Salesforce connector logs (C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\Custom Data\SalesForce\Log)
    • When it is successful, I get entries like:
    • When it is unsuccessful, I get entries like this (note the lack of SessionId and ServerUrl and zero rows returned):

• Connected to SalesForce with C:\Program Files\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data\SalesForceDLL.dll version 11, 0, 10017, 0 (DLL Protocol version: 2)
      • EndPointUrl=https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/21.0
      • SessionId=
      • ServerUrl=
      • Result_Init called with query string "SELECT Id, [lots of fields again] FROM User"
      • Successful fetch of 0 rows (     0 seconds)

I suspected this was because the Salesforce credentials were only usable by the user that owns the QVW or something. So I logged in as the service user and opened the document in Desktop and it reloaded fine.

So now I suspect there's a setting somewhere - either in the document or on the server - that means these connection details are getting wiped for some reason. Does anyone know of such a setting or if there is something else I can do to solve this problem?

Qlik Partner Ambassador 2024
0 Replies