This is never a good ideal from a OS perspective, because it does cause issue all around. In QlikView the User Cal or Document Cals assigned to that users witll have to be removed and reassigned. All section Access that reference that user has to be changed and the documents rights have to be updated. All shared object will have to be taken over by the administrator and the user will have to recreated them.
We had a same case. Before in active directory on the QV server, some users' names are firstname.l. Then client asked us to rename them to firstname.lastname. We did the change in the active directory and re-assigned the name CALs to the new names. Then within the four users that have been changed, one is working fine. The other three can log on but when they try to open QV files, they see the error message "Access denied! The server has not user CAL for your account. Please contact your system administrator."
We then assigned these three user CALs back to their old names (Because the old user names do not exist any more, I manully input them when assigning the CALs to them.). For end users, they can use the new user name and password to log on and open files. Just in the named CALs list, the old user names are displayed.
The only thing I feel really strange is that I have done exactly same things to four users, why there is one works, the other three do not.
The QV version we are using is 11.20.11718.0 SR1
In our case, the QlikView server machine also needed to be restarted to effectively recognize all the changes into the Active Directory.
Before restarting the machine we updated the licences (being removed and reassigned), reviewed NT permissions and restarted the QV services, but it seems to be not enough since some of the users worked fine with their new name, but some of them were still shown as their old name.