Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to retain old data in chart when tab is swiched

Hi Guys,

Need help , here is the problem:

I have a chart which shows transaction ,margin etc

also there is one input box which takes margin value and show the chart accordingly.

Now problem is this:

When we change the tab and comes back to this tab , it refresh the data after reading the margin value from input box , i need to stop this refreshing of data because it takes a lot of time to refresh and performance is decreasing.

I have tried resetting the margin value in input box to NULL when we leave the tab but its not helping,

Is there any way that we retain old data and it doesnt refresh the data when we come back to this tab .

4 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Go for bookmarks or macro?

Not applicable
Author

No ,there are different tabs , so when i change tab and come back to this tab ,it always refreshes the data as per the margin value set in margin input box

Gysbert_Wassenaar

i need to stop this refreshing of data because it takes a lot of time to refresh and performance is decreasing.

Unfortunately, you can't. When you activate a sheet all the objects on the sheet are recalculated and refreshed.

If you have performance problems the only thing you can do is show less objects at the same time and/or simplify your charts (or data model) as much as is practical. Any object that is minimized or hidden is not calculated. Values that are calculated in the script instead of in expressions improve performance in the charts.

Or you could get faster hardware, I suppose.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Gysbert for the suggestion .