Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Security without Active Directory

Hi everyone,

I need to implement a security in an application without using the Active Directory a Windows for folders, only using a Section Access. But when I create a task on Publisher I need to set what type of user that can access an application and that folder what user can access. Today I set a group of users to be access on the folders and consequently on application, in the publisher.

My question is, when doesn´t have security with AD, what type of users I set, Authenticated Users?

Version: 11.0.11426.0

Thanks!

Tiago Juncioni

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, QVS checks for two things. To see if you have NTFS permission on the document and if there is section access if you have permission there. If so it will display the document to you.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Authenticated would be any one that can log into the accesspoint.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

I Know that, but the question is, if I set authenticated users and restrict in a section access, it´s works? In other words, the users that I include in a section access will be view and access the application in the access point?

Thanks!

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Yes, QVS checks for two things. To see if you have NTFS permission on the document and if there is section access if you have permission there. If so it will display the document to you.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

It´s works!!

Thanks for help!