Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

how to access data directly from database?

hi,

I need to take the data from database directly other than load the the data into in memory.

bcz i don't want to realod the data for every time the changes happen in the data base.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi

firstly connect with database then load data from database and first time reload data then ok.

now disconnect with database,

then in your script write the code for make qvd file.

syntax is--

Store tablename into D:\abc.qvd

then load this qvd in your qvw file.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's only possible by using the direct discovery feature of Qlikview 11.2. See here for information. In every other case you will first need to extract the data from the database. That means loading it into Qlikview in-memory database.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
er_mohit
Master II
Master II

if i undersatnd your question properly then i think that you have to make batch file for that

you have to write this in notpad

"C:\Program Files\QlikView10\qv.exe" /r "C:\File.qvw"

change your path as corresponding your folder  and save that file with .bat extension......

to check it properly the schedule is made or not by double click on that batch file if it creates to reload your data then it corrects and schedule it properly

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,
Gysbert Wassenaar suggestion of Qlikview Direct Discovery works for you.

If you are using Qlikview 11.2, then you can use the Qlikview Direct Discovery feature, it always fetch the data from the database dynamically.

This feature is useful when your data changes frequently or you have a large data in TBs or your dashboard needs uptodate information to be displayed.  When you use this the performance would be slower, because everytime it needs to get the data from database and display the charts.

Hope this helps you.