Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III

How to keep field values in a straight table independent from dimensions and only depending on whether a pre set date falls between a date interval.

Hello,

For a better understanding of my question please have a look at the attached qvw.

Calculated dimension?

Set-Analysis?

_Koen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thx for your almost perfect answer Daniel.

I made some final adjustments to make the solution more general and also cope with more Employees.

Extra notes on the solution can be found in the attached qvw.

Lessons Learned:

The TOTAL function should be used to make calculations in an expression independent from the dimensions in the chart.

Set-Analysis should be used to make calculations in an expression independent from the current selections.

Questions:

The solution without the Set-Analysis is most easy to read and understand. But which of both is best from performance point of view?

_Koen

View solution in original post

2 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

You can do set analysis or not, please find the sample attached.

cheburashka
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thx for your almost perfect answer Daniel.

I made some final adjustments to make the solution more general and also cope with more Employees.

Extra notes on the solution can be found in the attached qvw.

Lessons Learned:

The TOTAL function should be used to make calculations in an expression independent from the dimensions in the chart.

Set-Analysis should be used to make calculations in an expression independent from the current selections.

Questions:

The solution without the Set-Analysis is most easy to read and understand. But which of both is best from performance point of view?

_Koen