5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 12, 2010 8:43 AM by louise.lindell RSS

How to create a gauge chart based on conditions

I have a very basic table with AccountType and Amount.

I want to create a gauge chart where the value is calculated as: Amount where AccountType = 'Vacancy' / (Amount where AccountType = 'Vacancy' + Amount where AccountType = 'Rented').

How can that be done?

Regards,

Staffan E.

• How to create a gauge chart based on conditions
          Miguel Angel Baeyens de Arce

Hello Staffan,

You may use set analysis for that:

Sum({< AccountType = {'Vacancy'} >} Amount) / Sum({< AccountType = {'Vacancy', 'Rented'} >} Amount)

Thank you very much for the help! It works great!

// Staffan

Hi,

It works great for me too!! :-) - that is, I do get a result in my gauge charts when using the following set analysis (copied and somewhat modified from Miguel, above):

(Sum({< OrderSalesManNo = {'12'} >} InvoiceLineAmountNetLC)
                  -
                  Sum({< OrderSalesManNo = {'12'} >} SalesmanBudget))
                  /
                  Sum({< OrderSalesManNo = {'12'} >} SalesmanBudget)

However, I'm not sure the result is quite correct.... since I have a budget per salesman that is divided per week over the year (2010).
                  In another gauge chart I have the following set analysis (had some help there too) for comparing Actual to Budget for the company's total sales
                  and I only want to show the result Year to Date:
                  (sum({ 1 < Year = {$(#=Only(Year(today())))} > } InvoiceLineAmountNetLC)
                  -
                  sum({ 1 < Year = {$(#=Only(Year(today())))} > } if(%YearWeek <= right(Year(today()), 2) & num(Week(today()),00), BudgetInvoice)))
                  /
                  sum({ 1 < Year = {$(#=Only(Year(today())))} > } if(%YearWeek <= right(Year(today()), 2) & num(Week(today()),00), BudgetInvoice))
                  How do I get the Date-condition from the second analysis into the first analysis? I've tried a few combinations, but none works.
                  I would be very grateful and happy if anyone can help me!!
                  Regards,
                  Louise