5 Replies Latest reply: Mar 3, 2013 9:16 AM by Jason Michaelides RSS

How to obtain data from exact date

I have an excel chart with dates and comments.

I need to create a chart within QlikView to let me know which comments were done one week before or after the today date.

Thanks!!

B.

• Re: How to obtain data from exact date
          Clarissa Buda

I'm not sure if this would work with a text field, but for numeric fields, I use a lot of flags.

So in your script,

First define a variable to be equal to the max date

then add this:

InWeekToDate(YourDate,VariableofMaxDate,0) * -1 as CurWTDFlag

This will assign a 0 to all records where the date is not within the current week and a 1 to those dates that are in the current week.

Then in your expression you can multiple your field by the flag, returning 0 if the field is outside of the current week. 

Clarissa Buda

I'm not sure if this would work with a text field, but for numeric fields, I use a lot of flags.

So in your script,

First define a variable to be equal to the max date

then add this:

InWeekToDate(YourDate,VariableofMaxDate,0) * -1 as CurWTDFlag

This will assign a 0 to all records where the date is not within the current week and a 1 to those dates that are in the current week.

Then in your expression you can multiple your field by the flag, returning 0 if the field is outside of the current week. 

sampleqlikview.jpg

Hi! Many thanks for your rapid response, but i think i dont get it.

Look, attached is my chart from QV, it contains data and comments, all, but I need to be cappable to filter those comments from last week, or last month (all in)....does it make sense to you??

Regards,

B.

sampleqlikview.jpg

Hi! Many thanks for your rapid response, but i think i dont get it.

Look, attached is my chart from QV, it contains data and comments, all, but I need to be cappable to filter those comments from last week, or last month (all in)....does it make sense to you??

Regards,

B.