Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Preserve pivot table after selection

My colleagues and I have been trying to solve this for a while now...

A customer requirement is to produce a table in Qlikview which does not collapse when you click on one of the cells. Basically, we don't want the pivot to change when you filter on one of the dimensions within the table object.

We've tried the method of ticking 'Show all values', and unticking 'Suppress zero values' but this just preserves the format rather than the actual numbers themselves.

Detaching is not an option as we still need to filter the table by other dimensions outside of it.

Can anyone help with this or provide guidance?

Thanks

Adam

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

HI

use set analysis for it..

If you want to ignore one of the dimension, try like this

= sum(sales) , is your expression. if you want to ignore the selection of product, then use

=sum({<product=>}sales) // it ignore the product selection.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

use set analysis for it..

If you want to ignore one of the dimension, try like this

= sum(sales) , is your expression. if you want to ignore the selection of product, then use

=sum({<product=>}sales) // it ignore the product selection.

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Mayil,

Thanks this does provide an initial solution to the problem.

A subsequent problem has come up which may not have a solution...

The requirement of this table is that it can be used to click on a value and then a seperate table box object is filtered depending on the cell clicked in the pivot.

i.e. pivot dimensions are Depot and Week number, I click on a cell which is Week Number '5', Depot 'London' with value 23.  A table box (along with the rest of the data model) will then be filtered to Week Number '5', Depot 'London' with the individual job details that make up the value 23.

However - the issue here is, if i then click on the a cell in the pivot table of Week Number '6', depot 'London' - the data model filters to Week Number 6 fine BUT because I have clicked on cell which is 'London' again, the data model clears the Depot selection. This is a problem.

Does anyone know of a way to basically prevent a selection from clearing when clicking on a row (which contains the current selection within a data model) within an object?

Thanks

Adam

sushil353
Master II
Master II

Can u upload the sample application

Not applicable
Author

Attached is a sample of the problem.

Clicking any cell in the pivot will filter the data model fine and show the individual jobs in the table box.

Clicking a different cell in the pivot that is not in the same row or column also works fine.

The problem is when you have a selection, and then click on a cell which is in the same row or column as the current selection - because it deselects that dimension.

Any help appreciated.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Adam,

I have tried something, I have used the Trigger to Lock the required fields on their select and then using a button a to Clear and Unlock ALL the fields.

To test, select Region and then Department, these both would get locked and then you can select the required Week.

Please find attached qvw.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

If possible, I'd like to achieve this without the use of a clear button.

If there's no way to do this then I'll have to accept it, and this solution would be OK.

Thanks

Adam

Not applicable
Author

Hello Adam,

Instead of using Clear ALL and Unlock ALL in the button, You can just add Unlock ALL in the button.(If you can put the button) if not then we have to try to achieve this by writing macros modules.

Thanks,

itsangad

Not applicable
Author

Itsangad,

Thanks for your help.

I may have to look at writing macro modules to achieve the customer request I think. But your solution with an Unlock All button is helpful and would normally solve this!

Adam

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

I'm getting the same problem you were dealing with,i just want to know did you get the solution and if yes then plz

help me out to solve this problem