Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dinamic Growth Calculation

Hi all!

I am trying to present a Growth Calculation (Current Value / Previous Value) in a Pivot Table with two dimensions, Product and Period.

I have different periods (Month, Quarter, YTD, MAT, ...) and Users can select the Period Type and Period (Month / Range of Months for example) and the Table changes accordingly.

My data is for a 5 year period so I wanted the Table to dinamically calculate the Growth for all products and the 60 months (Month Selected) automatically.

The problem is because Period is in the dimension, I don't seem to be able to calculate the SUM of the previous period.

I attach a simple example just with Current Value and Previous Value and the Previous does not work.

Thanks in advance for any help you might give me.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rui,

Not sure exactly how you want this setup in terms of layout and calculations but attached is a very straight forwad and simple approach that might meet your requirements?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rui,

Not sure exactly how you want this setup in terms of layout and calculations but attached is a very straight forwad and simple approach that might meet your requirements?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Johannes,

That is just what I needed. Simple and works fine!

The layout and calculations now are easy to do.

Thanks a lot for your time and valuable info.

RuiC