6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 14, 2014 9:24 PM by Dicky Mohanty RSS

Best practices for the  administrator of Qlikview server?

swarup malli

Hi,

I'm rookie when it comes to administering  qlikview server.

Currently I'm working with Qlikview 11 enterprice edition.

What are the best practises a administrator should follow ?

Thanks

MS

• Re: Best practices for a Qlikview administrator;
          swarup malli

Some of the best practices, I know and would like to share with fellow QVS administrators are :.

• 1)      Never copy  qvw into root folder cos it contains  pgo files ,they are like configuration  files.
          • 2)      Everything on mounted folder.
          • 3)      Always create task groups, this will avoid confusion when you have huge number of tasks
          • 6)      Minimize the use of input fields.
          • 7)      Not a good practice to let the users add objects via access point uses up memory.
          • 8)      Not a good practice to let users download documents ( bandwidth usage)
          • 9)      Limit the number of rows in export ie if a table has 60 million rows and users exports them..ie 60 million not good, limit it to 1000 or something.
          • 10)   The share collaboration feature eats resources.
          • 11)   Put all the source qvd,include files and images in source document, maintain 1 source for 1 qvw and place qvw on the user document.
          • 12)   When you delete a qvw delete all tasks associated with it and free all the document cals associated with it.
          • 13)   QVS detector
          • 14)   QVPT
          • 15)   In qvs 11 you can do extraction from the server itself, meaning you don’t have to create a separate extraction qvw .