Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Place a legend outside a chart?

I have several different charts on a single page that all relate to the same data points.  From a design perspective, I find having several different legends displaying the same information messy.  I'd like to display a single legend for the whole page that covers all the charts.  I can do this by just displaying the legend in one chart, but at times it covers up part of the data.  I would really like to display the legend outside all of the charts.  Is this possible?  Thank you.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can usually create a fake legend with a straight chart by adding the dimension, 1 as expression and remove totals, the header, the caption, make cell borders transparent etc. The example posted here has such a fake legend hovering on top of the chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

You can usually create a fake legend with a straight chart by adding the dimension, 1 as expression and remove totals, the header, the caption, make cell borders transparent etc. The example posted here has such a fake legend hovering on top of the chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can builld a general "fake" legend creating another graph that display only he legend (you can hide or color white expressions ( lines or bars))

In this way the new graph serves as legend, and in the others you can avoid displayng legend

Itìs an idea, hope it helps

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much, I will give that a try.  Much appreciated!