I have a qlikview template which uses multiple reduction fields.
Some users do not have access to all data and therefore I use some reduction fields to prevent users to see all the data.
In the normal setup the reduction fields are working correctly. In an addapted version it is not working anymore as expected (i.e. I want to add some decoding of the passwords when loaded from the excel file)
I have added 2 examples qvw files (Security_OK, Security_WRONG)
In both example I use the same data: I have 2 reduction fields REGION and DEPARTMENT only the user access table is generate differently.
See here example of the users defined in the excel file which includes the access of the template
USERID PASSWORD ACCESS DEPARTMENT REGION
USER1 USER1 USER TOOLS *
USER1 USER1 USER INSTRUMENTS *
USER1 USER1 USER APPLICATION *
USER1 USER1 USER * NL
USER1 USER1 USER * USA
USER1 USER1 USER * UK
USER1 USER1 USER * TW
USER2 USER2 USER * NL
USER3 USER3 USER TOOLS NL
USER4 USER4 USER INSTRUMENTS *
What I expect is when I open the document with user 2, he will see all departments and only Region 'NL'.
In 'Security_OK' the reductions fields are working correctly. When I open the version 'Security_WRONG' I got the error 'access denied to this Qlikview document'.
USER3 is working correctly in both versions. The difference here is that both fields are defined.
Who could explain me why these 2 version of scripts behave differntly.
And how could i solve this as I want to be able to descrable the password loaded from the excel file using a function (not included in the current script)
Login as ADMIN (pw ADMIN) to be able to edit/open the script.