Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to set up email-alert on failing task

Hi all,

I followed all intructions I found here but I'm still not receiving alerts on failing tasks. This is how I've set it up:

- I have not changed anything on the Mail Server settings (allready filled in) but a test email is sucessfully sent

- I use Anonymous authentication

- I added nothing to 'Document Administrators Authorized to Distribute via Email' as there are no users and groups in there

- I did add the required email adresses to the 'alerts' tab in the QV Server configuration

Anything I did wrong/miss?

Cheers for your help,

Erik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hey Bill,

Thanks for your suggestion. It was not the spam filter but the authorisation settings. The SMTP server now alows anonymous distribution.

Thanks!

Erik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Erik,

I would check the spam filters on the email server to see if they are being deleted there.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hey Bill,

Thanks for your suggestion. It was not the spam filter but the authorisation settings. The SMTP server now alows anonymous distribution.

Thanks!

Erik

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I have this same Issue.

In mail server setting,

send all eamil to: myemail@adress.com

test maill sent sucessfully.

I use Anonymous authentication

- I added nothing to 'Document Administrators Authorized to Distribute via Email' as there are no users and groups in there

- I did add the required email adresses to the 'alerts' tab in the QV Server configuration.

Any way , I didn't get mail.

can u give a clear idea to send a mail when task fails?

Thanks in advance..

Regards,

Kabilan K.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Most mail systems doesn't like anonymous user. So, try using your mail login for a test.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.