thanks for that - it is ceratinly closer than I got. What I was looking for was a count of projects that started per quarter compared to the count of projects that were planned to start per quarter. So for Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4 I would expect to see a planned bar (which seems fine beacuse all records have an entry of Q1 -4 or TBC) and an actual bar which should only currently be populated with Q1 or NS (for Not started). I did originally leave this value empty in my table but the empty fields were also being counted
I would expect to see a count of 20 for planned start in Q1 and a count of 13 for actual start (ie there are 13 records with an entry of Q1 in the actual start field). The QVW you attached shows 14, values for Q2 onwards should have a count of 0 (ie no projects have started because Q2 + represents the future)
I've attached a spreadsheet with the raw data - note that I am happy to replace the NS (not started) with an empty field or a zero if it helps
thanks again for your help.
QV Proj Progress.xlsx 22.0 K