Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vidit
Creator
Creator

Creating Independent Tabs(or grouping tabs)

Hi All,

I am working on a dashboard with multiple tabs(4). The user wants than 3 of the tabs must work in synch with one another i.e. the selections on one must refect onother. But the 4th tab should be indepedent i.e. any selections on any other tab must not effect data on other tabs and vice versa.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Thanks in advance

Leo

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you're using QV11 you can use alternate states. You can add alternate states on the General tab of the document properties window. Once you done that you can assign the state to a sheet on the General tab of the sheet properties window. You need only one alternate state for the 4th sheet. The other sheets can use the default alternate state.

If you don't have QV11 than you can try using bookmarks in combination with OnActivate and OnLeave sheet triggers to save and restore selections when leaving/revisiting a sheet.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Vidit
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

i am currently using Qlkview 10.

i will try with the bookmark approach. However it will be really helpful if i can get an example.

Thanx

Leo

Vidit
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Gysbert,

i am currently using Qlkview 10.

i will try with the bookmark approach. However it will be really helpful if i can get an example.

Thanx

Leo