1 Reply Latest reply: May 4, 2013 3:38 AM by Friedrich Hofmann RSS

Cell borders - only vertically?

Friedrich Hofmann

Hi,

I have a table diagram in my current document. To get rid of all the overlaying white textboxes which I cannot group with the diagram, I discovered, after a lot of trial-and-error, that I can set white cell borders (right-click->cell_formatting), but those are visible only if I set the "transparency" to 0 on the "design" tab of the properties dialog and disable all lines (checkboxes) on that tab, which are black by default - and I seem to have to repeat this setting for the dimension and for every individual formula that I have in my diagram. I can click on "apply to all..." every time, but QlikView doesn't seem to do that.

What I can't seem to do at all up to now is set the same white cell borders horizontally - for my "header row". In this context menu, I think the setting applies only to the borders on top and bottom of a cell?

Can anybody help me there? Getting rid of those extra objects would really be a big step forward.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

• Re: Cell borders - only vertically?
          Friedrich Hofmann

Hi,

I have been thinking: When I activate the checkbox "separating lines for formula columns" ("design" tab of the properties dialog), the columns are separated also in the "header row". So QlikView must be somehow recognizing what is a formula column and what is not? (I have some dummy formulas inbetween the "real" ones to generate white space horizontally between the cells).

So there must be a way I can distinguish between one formula column and the next, no? In the context menu "cell formatting", I have the possibility of entering a formula governing the colour of cells

=> If I knew how to tell whether there is a non-empty formula in a column or not, I might be able to use that formula to decide whether to colour that cell in one of our CI-colours or in white.

Can anybody think of a way to accomplish that?`

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler