Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Text object to display cyclic chart nulls?

Hi everyone,

I have a cyclic chart with lots of dimensions to cycle through.  Due to joins, some of these dimensions have a lot of null records.  I have surpressed nulls for all dimensions in the cycle to make the bars more distinguishable from each other.  However, I'd still like to know the expression value for these nulls.

Is it possible to create a text object that will display the current cycle's expression value for just the dimensions that are null?  Without having to build separate code for every single cycle?

For example, I have:

Fruit | Quantity

Apple: 54

Orange: 32

Lemon: 65

- : 1200

I can then cycle to:

Vegetable | Quantity

Lettuce: 125

Carrot: 88

- : 1575

I surpressed the nulls, but if I'm on cycle Fruit, I want a separate text object to display 1200.  If I'm on cycle Vegetable, I want that text object to display 1575.  Note that I have over 30 cycles, so I'd like to avoid having 30 separate IF statements if possible.

Thank you

1 Reply
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I kind of understanding what you are after, but when I try to model it I come up with the nulls always being 1575+1200, as both are null as either a Fruit or Vegatable. So I think I'm missing something. Can you post a screenshot of your datamodel?

-Rob