Did you ever get a solution to this, amars?
In case others find this post and need an answer, this is what worked for me:
- In QMC (or QEMC) I clicked Users, selected a user (I chose myself in this instance)
- Clicked on the Documents sub-tab which listed all documents including the ghost ones. The documents that were not ghosts showed the path as "QlikView_AccessPoint/" followed by the actual qvw filename. For the ghost documents the full path was shown rather than the abbreviated path above (even though it's actually the same place).
- For the ghost files I saved a QlikView document to the full path location that was shown.
- Back in QMC I then clicked the main Documents tab, selected this newly saved document and saw that there were some licences already assigned. I removed the assigned users and then set the allocated CAL count to 0.
- I repeated this for each of my ghost files. Each time I did this the uppercase document name disappeared from the root folder. None of my ghost files had schedules assigned to them otherwise I would have selected "None" in the Reload tab as well as removing the assigned CALs
One of the files had a path that looked like a concatenation of both the root folder and the "user documents" (or mounted) folder. So, in the root folder on the server I created folders to recreate the full path and then continued at step 3 above.
I have now recovered all of my document CALs
Just in case it was relevant, before I attempted the above I had already tried Resolution 2 in the attached PDF but this did not seem to work. I only mention it here in case I had to do this first before the above steps would work.
Sorry I didn't close that thread but it is already answered by me in few other threads. You can refer the http://community.qlik.com/thread/81765 for further discussion. The document attached is a copy from the same thread. Thanks