I think the problem is with your headers when you load the data.
Follow these steps to ensure correct transformation
1) When in the EDIT SCRIPT click the 'Table Files' button in the DATA tab at the bottom
2) Navigate to your excel document and click open
3) This is the important part, make sure you click EMBEDDED LABELS in the dropdown 'LABELS' and click next
4) click next
5) Then click CROSSTABLE by prefixes
6) a dialog box will appear, change the Attribute field to 'Date' and data field to 'Value' and click ok
7) Click Finish. If by your fields you have columns pulling through with no data, then just exclude this from the script by deleting it.
Let me know if this fixed your problem
Thanks for your quick reply.
Yes, changing the label to Embedded Label does the trick - can't believe its that simple, I tried just about everything else!
When I first tried Embedded Labels, in the preview screen it chages the date to the basic date format (e.g. 44522) and changed my Value data to dd/mm/yyyy format, which didn't look right, so I didn't go with that option.
However, when you go and load the data up, the value data comes out normal (as a number, in my case) despite preview showing it in date format.
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.