1. Please enable the log file at Qvw:
Document Properties => General tab => Genearate Log file.
check out the log file if you have any script error.
2. The QV Server version SR 3 has bug of reload failure. Check the Log files for the Task.
3. Check the script about the table Drop.
The root cause of the above mentioned issue is still unknown. The QlikView reload fails time and time again and on further investigation I found that the one of the primary extraction qvd got corrupted.
These failures are normally taking place in the early morning hours
I sorted out the problem by replacing an existing back up of that qvd and then the process went on fine.
But the above is not a concrete solution to my problem as this is just a work around that I have been doing.
The log files generated are not conveying any good and precise information and it only say at the end 'GENERAL SCRIPT ERROR', but I know that nothing was done to the scripting part.I' am not able to landup into a concrete solution for this and most importantly it's root cause.
What anyone in the community make out some possible reasons for it.
It can be a network glitch or something.
What should be the preventive steps that I shouldbe taking to avert this kind of failures in future.
There are lots of things it could be, but the fact they are happening early hours could be a clue. Have you checked the Windows Event Viewer on the server to see what other activity is underway immediately prior to and during your reload failure?
Typical candidates that can cause issues are Anti-virus programs and backup procedures on folders and database sources. If accessing data from other servers, you may need to investigate those servers too.
I have watch this post with interest as people are trying to help. To start the Document Log will help you out. It would show you as to what part of the script the reload is failing. It might be in the area when you have a file on a network share or a ODBC connection to a certain database. So, I think that is a very important think to do.
Also, you are on 10 SR1 and the latest release is 10 SR6. I am sure there are a lot of bug fixes between the these releases. I would recommend you also upgrade.
Surely I will be the asking client to upgrade to the new version. As for now the whole process is going on fine. There can be some network glitches or anti virus update etc which I' am not aware of. I have asked the network support team to provide Windows event log. Since the process used to fail in the early hours so I feel there must some or the other activity going on which may have the QlikView schedular to fail..
Many thanks for your help/inputs