6 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2013 4:10 AM by Rob Wright RSS

Returning values in order to a table

Hello, hope the community can help with this one.

I have a set of data/results from a survey with several users.  I'm trying to crate a set of data by each user as the table below illustrates.

This is the source data of one of the users.

UserAns_TextResponse_Level_2Ans_Minutes
      8194CollabNoise15
      8194CollabPrivacy15
      8194DevelopNoise10
      8194FocusNoise25
      8194FocusPrivacy20
      8194FocusQuiet Area20
      8194NetworkNoise5

I would like to create a table that takes the USER as the dimension and where Ans_Text='Focus' return the name in Response_Level_2 and then return the value in Ans_Minutes so that it looks like this in the table. Ideally to have the resulting table in order highest result first.

UserFocus 1Focus 1 MinFocus 2Focus 2 MinFocus 3Focus 3 MinFocus 4Focus 4 MinFocus 5Focus 5 Min
      8194Noise25Privacy20Quiet Area20-0-0

In some cases there will be a User with 5 results for the Ans_Text response of Focus so when there is less I want to return a - value or 0 for the items in the table.

I hope someone can help

Thanks

Rob

• Re: Returning values in order to a table
          Matthew Bygrave

Hi Rob,

I have a drafted a test application which will meet your requirements. The only thing is the expressions are all hard coded making the table static and not dynamic. Are there only 5 distinct responses for the focus Ans_text? If so you can as in my example hard code these responses as expressions within a straight table.

See my example for more details. You will need to modify the last 4 expressions of the chart to change the 'Area x' to the correct response.

KR Matt.