Try to use Date(Date#(datefield,'DD-MM-YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY')
here in this Datefield is my fieldname first format is that which comes in field then the 2nd format is that which i want now
hope it helps you try to use this in dimension
if your problem doesn't resolve then try it in script
hope it helps...
Hi Brian, I just fought with this for a bit. What worked for me was using a date() during the load script, but do not use a date() around the dimension. Once I removed the date() wrapped around the dimension it started exporting correctly. That being said I did contact support and they have a case titled "Chart is exported as text instead of numbers to Excel"
“The expression used in the chart generates a column with mixed formats, by applying individual formats from the indata Format field. Some values have decimals and other do not. This leads to the column not being defined as decimal numbers, but instead as a mixed column.
Mixed values are exported as Text, which happens in this case. This can also been seen when checking the Excel cells format value. This design decision was taken long ago and specifically to simply the export process and speed it up, the result of many customer complaints regarding the export to excel being extremely slow. So reverting to the old, abandoned method of exporting and that will not happen.
The solution is to have the same format for the entire column or manually reformat the fields in Excel.”
So, if you have mixed values that would also throw it off I would suppose!