2 Replies Latest reply: Apr 13, 2010 3:32 PM by Ana Garcia RSS

Please i need interpretation of this expression

Hello,

I'm having trouble developing some financial indicatiors, i'm doing something similar to the result of these expression, but i don't understand what it does :(

Ca anybody explain to me what does each part means???????????

sum({$<Month =, Year = {"<=$(#=only(Year))"},[Account - Report] = {'Balance'}>} $([G/L Amount])) * max(total <[Account - Concept]> [Account - Factor])

thaks alot

ps I´m working with the plug in of SAP

• Please i need interpretation of this expression
          Oleg Troyansky

let me try to decipher the expression for you:

sum( - obviously, summary of the following:

{$< - signified the beginning of the Set Analysis condition that respects most user selections, exept for the modified ones

Month =, - ignores user selection of the Month

Year = {"<=$(#=only(Year))"} - this expression only applies to Years that are less or equal to the single selected/available Year (has to be only one)

,[Account - Report] = {'Balance'} - the field [Account-Report] need s to be equal to 'Balance'

>} - end of Set Analysis condition

$([G/L Amount])) * - the actual expression that's being summarized is... I assume a variable called [G/L Amount] ??? (I can only speculate that the variable holds the name of the Field that should be aggregated)

max(total <[Account - Concept]> [Account - Factor]) - multiplied by the maximum of [Account -Factor] over the Dimension called [Account-Concept]

Something along these lines...