thanks for helping!
You're right, I was in a really bad mood yesterday. It's very stressful when such small things just don't work... No, unfortunately I cannot upload the qvw - it's a complete management document with tons of info in it, most of it sensitive I'm afraid. I had a hard time yesterday removing the actions laid down with every sheet - making a selection, usually for TODAY() upon opening the sheet and clearing it upon leaving. I tried using set_analysis to make the display on the dashboard_sheet independent of selections - usually, the display works only when selecting a specific day, TODAY() or (TODAY()-1) - but that didn't work out, so I stuck to making a selection.
That's another problem I'm having with that sheet - but the most prominent one is clearly the conditional display of the remaining sheets.
I am currently setting the variable to 'Y' or 'N'. I can try with 1 and 0, do you think that would make a difference? Let's see... that also makes it a bit simpler, I can just lay down a trigger to multiply the value of the variable with (-1).
P.S.: No, unfortunately it didn't work that way, either. I tried creating a new document - there it works. But that means tons of work copying all the diagrams and making sure they work as expected - and I don't know how long it will work...
Could that have sth to do with the fact that my QV version displays "Test version" at the top of the screen? I have no idea what I have here. Maybe deinstalling it all and re-installing would be a good idea?
Is "Test version" set under Document Properties > General > Title? I wouldn't have thought you need to re-install if the logic works in a new document using the same installation.
A couple of thoughts ... do you have a -prj folder for this document? I have seen strange behaviour when these exist. Another area to check is your triggers - could a variable trigger be overriding the value? Maybe set up a text box on the tab with the button and copy the expression into it to ensure it does evaluate as you wish.
no, it is not in the document - it is in the software - at the very top of the screen, it reads like "QlikView - Testversion - [file_path]"
However, that does not seem to be the problem - on a colleague's machine which does not display this, it didn't work, either.
There is no prj folder - I don't even know what they are for... I can't imagine a variable trigger as I've created a new variable for the purpose, but I'll check.
Now I've taken a completely new copy and just copied the objects I already had, redone the variable (numeric) - now it works. The frustrating thing is, I don't know why, so I cannot be sure whether and how long it's going to remain so.
Thanks a lot!