5 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2013 12:46 PM by j i RSS

How to build a sum by using multiple criteria

Dear all,

I'm totally new to QlikView an wondered if there is a workaround that is like SUMIFS-command by Excel.

I have a tablle with the following columns date, cashflow, buy/sell, person, location. product

I would like to define two new series' that contain contain either the positiv or negative cashflows per day overall persons and locations.

Can you give me an advice how to draw this up?

Thanks in advance

QV_Scrub

• Re: How to build a sum by using multiple criteria
          Raphael Pacheco

Hi

Can you post an example?

• Re: How to build a sum by using multiple criteria

Hi,

assume the following table:

Date                   Value                     In/Out                            Person

01.01.2013         1000                     In                                   Max

01.01.2013         2000                     In                                   Carl

01.01.2013           500                     Out                                Tim

01.01.2013           200                     Out                                Max

02.01.2013           100                     Out                                Tim

03.01.2013           300                     In                                   Paul   

What I would like to generate is a table as follows

Date                    Value_In                 Value_Out

01.01.2013          3000                      700

02.01.2013          0                            100

03.01.2013          300                         0

So my intention is to define to new variables that represent each one of the both columns "Value_In" and "Value_Out".

Thanks.

BR

QV_Scrub