Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Searching using Wildcards

Hello,

I currently have a search bar in my dashboard, which is used to search for clients.

The clients are grouped together producing clients grouped. In the clients grouped there are instances where the client is through Lloyd's insurance market (Lloyd's - Star Group) and when the client is not (Star Group). It was built like this so users could get a figure for Lloyd's by just searching Lloyd's, however, the problem occurs when users search for Star Group for example and only Star Group shows up but not Lloyd's - Star Group.

My question is how would I get both clients to show up when searched? Could I do this by using a wildcard (%) in the search bar or do these not exist in QlikView? I have tried using % as the wildcard but with no success.

Many thanks for your time.

John

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

you can select USE WILDCARD SEARCH in the properties of your seach bar, so the wildcard caracters will be automaticaly added when your user start to type a name

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

HI,

Instead of using % use *. That is the wildcard for QV. YOu can search '*Star Group' and it will include them both in the dropdown. You will still probably have to select them both when you search though. Hope this helps. 

Thanks

Joey

Not applicable
Author

you can select USE WILDCARD SEARCH in the properties of your seach bar, so the wildcard caracters will be automaticaly added when your user start to type a name

Not applicable
Author

Thats true, it will just automatically add the *'s before and after your seach.