5 Replies Latest reply: May 31, 2013 12:37 PM by schmidse RSS

Section Access does not work with user groups

Hi there

I'm trying to use section access but I don't manage to make it work. Every user group should have exactly one possible selection out of three. All other selections shall be hidden.

I defined user groups on the server and added them in QMC > Users > Section Access Management like this:

NTNAME                  ACCESS

Server42\Group1         USER

Server42\Group2         USER

Server42\Group3         USER

Server42\AdminGroup     ADMIN

Each group has several users, e.g.

Group 1: Bob, Alice

Group 2: John, Max

Group 3: Ernie, Bert

AdminGroup: Chuck, BOFH

The user which is used to run the publish task in QMC has been added under Add users... to give him admin rights.

I've added the following coding to my script:

Section Access;

LOAD ACCESS, NTNAME

FROM [http://Server42:4780/QMS/AuthTable]

(html, utf8, embedded labels);

Section Application;

STAR IS *;

LOAD * INLINE [

NTNAME, Selection

Server42\Group1, Select_1

Server42\Group2, Select_2

Server42\Group3, Select_3

Server42\AdminGroup, *

]

I've activated Settings > Document Properties > Opening > Initial Data Reduction Based on Section Access.

If I choose Strict Exclusion all users get the message that the file cannot be opened (obviously because it doesn't find a matching Selection), if I untick Strict Exclusion we see all possible Selections.

I've created a table with NTNAME and Selection in QV and all the matches are shown like I want them. It seems that QV isn't able to link the user who opens the QV (in Web Access Point) with the group he belongs to.

The only other thing I do in the script is a binary load, which has to be in line 1 (otherwise it doesn't work).

Has anyone got an idea what I did wrong or is it just not possible to use user groups for section access?

Hope you can help.

Regards

Sabine