Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Aggregating by ranges

Hi,

I would like to display data by categories (such as the book "QlikView 11 for Developers" explains in a chapter "nested aggregation with aggr()).

Background: In that chapter, the dimension is the nr. of flights a carrier serves and the formula is the nr. and name(s) of the respective carrier(s).

I would like to do this a little different: We have about 850 employees and I want to display the nr. of overtime-hrs. per employee - but there might be up to 850 distinct values in the "nr. of overtime hrs" part - probably less, but even 100 is too much, making the display very confusing.

Instead, I want to build categories like "1-10 hrs.", "11 to 20 hrs." etc.

Can anyone tell me how I have to modify the aggr() function to accomplish that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

9 Replies
vikasmahajan

Expression

AGGR(RANK(SUM(VALUE)),MONTH,DIM)

Here I use month and dim 2 dimensions chage as per your requirement.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
vikasmahajan

Request you to create small demo and attach to help you in better. what exact you want

Vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Vikas,

creating demo files is always a fickle task in my case since all the data I'm dealing with is sensitive, all the more this time as I'm handling personell data. Also, it takes time which I never have. Still, I have made a small Excel file for you that will at least show you what I want to see at the end of it.

In addition to this diagram, I will need some possibility to drill down into one category and see the actual personell_numbers so that the respective employees can be identified.

The formula is not difficult - a sum(distinct count(personell_nr)) will do I guess. The difficult part is the dimension.

I have to load all records anyway, so I guess I can easily attach a table_diagram with the details (the individual personell_numbers).

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Vikas,

creating demo files is always a fickle task in my case since all the data I'm dealing with is sensitive, all the more this time as I'm handling personell data. Also, it takes time which I never have. Still, I have made a small Excel file for you that will at least show you what I want to see at the end of it.

In addition to this diagram, I will need some possibility to drill down into one category and see the actual personell_numbers so that the respective employees can be identified.

The formula is not difficult - a sum(distinct count(personell_nr)) will do I guess. The difficult part is the dimension.

I have to load all records anyway, so I guess I can easily attach a table_diagram with the details (the individual personell_numbers).

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Vikas,

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Vikas,

Best regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Vikas,

Best regards,

DataNibbler

vikasmahajan

Dear Sir

I have not getting any excel file attached ?

Vikas

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Oops - you're right. Sorry, I was having some trouble sending my post and I forgot.

Here it comes.