Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

QlikView License for Access Point

I've just installed QlikView server and opened Access Point. However, I can't view any documents in there. Do I need a QV Server license to view documents in AP?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tony_Strano
Employee
Employee

Yes.    Have you applied your license in the QMC?    System --> Setup -->  License  --> QlikView Server

Are you expecting to see the demo apps that come with QlikView in Accesspoint or your own that maybe in another directory?     That also needs to be configured in the QMC.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Tony_Strano
Employee
Employee

Yes.    Have you applied your license in the QMC?    System --> Setup -->  License  --> QlikView Server

Are you expecting to see the demo apps that come with QlikView in Accesspoint or your own that maybe in another directory?     That also needs to be configured in the QMC.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Tony.

Well, I'm trying to create a virtual environment to use Access Point and view demo apps or load my developed apps in there. It's basically set up on my laptop for testing purposes.

Unfortunately, I don't have a license for the server though. And if I need one to view models, then I suppose it won't work?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

Yes, you will need a license to run QlikView Server.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.