2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2013 5:20 AM by Jonathan Brough RSS

How to make months with no data populated "disappear"?

Friedrich Hofmann

""Hi,

I am having the following scenario:

- I am displaying data from an Excel file in a simple bar chart. In the file, there is data populated only up to, say, the month of may.

- I want, however, to display dimension-axis-points for all months till December so that the diagram layout is m.o.l. static.

- Background: I have currently set the values to be displayed above the bars (checkbox) for further clarity and I have gridlines for the y-axis.

<=> The months in the future, where there is no data populated yet, should not have bars so that the user can easily spot where the data ends, so to speak.

- I could easily implement a formula for the bar colour to be white when the month is greater than a variable which I set beforehand (to 5 in this instance),
          but in that case, as it is, there would be a) the values floating in mid-air and b) the gridlines I have set would be interspersed by white.

Is there an alternative way of having the values displayed so that it doesn't interfere with the other settings or that I can set it to become white, thus invisible?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler