Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Report Distribution - security question

I am trying to set up a document to be distributed via PDF, and have been able to successfully distribute the report during a refresh.  Now, I am trying to set up the distribution so that users only get a report of the facility the belong to.  There are 5 facilities (1,2,3,4,5), and the report has them broken out, but I only want a user to see their facility, not all 5.  Any suggestions? 

ps.  Right now, i have the section access document for the facility assigned to the individual, but when I tested it that didn't work.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to do a loop and reduce on the users. That should do it for you.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to do a loop and reduce on the users. That should do it for you.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

I have the loop and reduce set up on Facility Abbr (which I have in both the section access and section application), but this doesn't seem to be working.  What am i doing wrong?

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi Mike,

This is a hard question to answer without seeing how everything is setup in section access.

Are you using the qvw just to send PDF? If so I would remove section access and build a table that links the Facility to a user and then loop and reduce on the user.

Bill

Not applicable
Author

I am not using the qvw strictly for the pdf. 

My section access is set up like this:

ACCESS NAME USERNAME FacilityAbbr REDUCTION

I am using FacilityAbbr in both access and application to identify what data the User should see.