Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Problem related to the link between tables

Hi,

I have a problem rgd. the appearance of one of my diagrams:

- In all diagrams, I select (by default, sheet-level-trigger) the current week and have six days (Mo-Sat) in my dimension

- In one, that is not the case, I have only as many dimension_points as I have entries in the underlying list.

- The reason for that seems to be that in most diagrams I have "month" and one specific date_field as my dimension - that date_field is the one that is used as link between the list (where there isn't an entry for every day, but only once in a while) and a calendar.
=> I assume that the date is thus taken from the calendar and that is why every day is present in the dimension, even if there is no entry.

- That one diagram that I cannot get to look the same uses a different date_field that can have different values - generally, that date_field is the_same_or_later than the other one. The link to the calendar is thus "not correct" with regards to that date and I cannot get every day to be displayed on the x-axis regardless of there being any data in the list.

Can anyone think of a way I could still have all the days of the current week displayed?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

3 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Use a second calendar? Or a link table for your dates?

http://community.qlik.com/thread/66717

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I guess a second calendar would be the best alternative. I am merely a bit nervous because my data_model is already quite big - I have about eight tables, all linked to a calendar - but those all come from the same underlying Excel file.

I guess I will still do that - I already have one calendar, so I can just copy the code and rename the fields.

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

DataNibbler

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Done.

I created a second "lightweight" calendar with just a handful of fields - I only need a date_field, the week and the month (for a multi-selection-box)

Thanks for helping!

Best regards,

DataNibbler