Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Chart Dimension Limits Others Option

Hello Community,

I am trying to use the dimension limits to bring in the top 25 ranked groups by transaction count. I am using the RANK function in my expression and in addition to the top 25, I want to show all others. I'm using the "Others" options on the dimension limits tab to do this.

My problem is this; the "others" is being ranked in the chart thus throwing my ranking off by 1 which isn't going to work for me.

Has anyone else run into this issue and if so, what was your workaround?

For context purposes, I don't want to use a calculated dimension since I'll take a performance hit and I don't want to code this into my expression since an "if statement" will be heavy.

I thank you in advance for your expertise.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you want to use the Others option of dimension limits you'll have to use 26 for the smallest or largest values to get the top 25 + Others.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

My issue is actually related to where the "others" are being ranked. Since they are the largest dimension value, they rank as "1" but I want them to rank at 26th.

Does this make sense?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Subtract 1 from the rank if it bothers you. You can also hide the rank of the Others by enabling the design grid temporarily and then right clicking the cell and setting the text color to 100% transparant. See attached example.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand