7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 21, 2015 11:38 AM by Diamantis Archontoglou RSS

Expressor VS Pentaho Kettle

Diamantis Archontoglou

From a pure Data Integration perspective how would you position Expressor compared to Pentaho Kettle?

Is Expressor Stronger on some areas ?

• Re: Expressor VS Pentaho Kettle
          Michael Tarallo

Hello Diamantis - I'd be happy to discuss this with you in more detail.

Please understand that QlikView Expressor (QVE) and Pentaho Kettle (also known as Pentaho Data Integration - PDI) are to be placed into two completely different categories and that by no means is QVE meant to compete with Pentaho Kettle in any way.

PDI is a very robust and fully featured data integration tool that can compare with the likes of products from Informatica, IBM, Talend, Jitterbit, CloverETL, Ab Initio, Boomi, etc.

QVE is specifically positioned to prepare and manage data for QlikView only, though its original roots are in data integration and can be used as such its primary purpose is for QlikView data management. QVE does have a variety of benefits such as our "semantic framework" which maintains data conformance and consistency across applications, it also offers a reusable version controlled repository, templates and libraries to reduce development time. There is also configurable parallel partitioning to increase throughput.

Please reach out to me directly if you would like to continue this dialog.

Kind Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Senior Product Marketing Manager

QlikView and QlikView Expressor

Twitter: @mtarallo

HI Michael:

I want to know can Qlikview Expressor connect the SAP?

for Qlikiew Desktop can use SAP Connector to extract the R3 or BW data.

If  I use the expressor to extract the SAP data, it's supported?

By the way, the expressor can also extract qvd to relational database?

Thanks/peach

Michael Tarallo

Hello Peach Ye - in the current release 3.9 and the update release 3.10 (later this month) - access to SAP is not yet possible via standard / provided input operators. This is on our roadmap for a future release. It may be possible to write Datascript and use (if available) SAP web services API/components to access this data, however the work to do that may not be trivial.

In regards to reading and writing QVD, this is also on our roadmap and timeframes are being discussed.

Regards,

Mike T

HI Michael:

how to implement matching process in Pentaho kettle.. I have to compare rows based on few columns of the same table and have to find master record from those multiple records, is there any similar kind of approch like matching sets in IBM Datastage?

Diamantis Archontoglou

Hello Michael are there any new news regarding the SAP connector on a future release ?