Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make expressions look like dimension???

Hi Everyone ,

I have 5 measures and one dimension with 2 values in it . I want output like this

qlikview-measure-as-dimension.PNG

Whereas I am getting this

qlikview-measure-as-dimension-2.PNG

Any help is greatly appreciated...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

edit:

1. Add your dimension with the two values
  2. Add a calculated dimension using the valuelist function: =ValueList('Max','Min','Avg','Median')
    Max, Min etc are just example labels. Replace them with the labels you want to see in your chart
  3. Add an expression like:
    pick(match(ValueList('Max','Min','Avg','Median'),'Max','Min','Avg','Median'),max(Sales),min(Sales),avg(Sales),median(Sales))
    replace the labels Max, Min etc again with your labels. Replace max(Sales), min(Sales) etc with the expressions you want to see as 'dimensions'.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

edit:

1. Add your dimension with the two values
  2. Add a calculated dimension using the valuelist function: =ValueList('Max','Min','Avg','Median')
    Max, Min etc are just example labels. Replace them with the labels you want to see in your chart
  3. Add an expression like:
    pick(match(ValueList('Max','Min','Avg','Median'),'Max','Min','Avg','Median'),max(Sales),min(Sales),avg(Sales),median(Sales))
    replace the labels Max, Min etc again with your labels. Replace max(Sales), min(Sales) etc with the expressions you want to see as 'dimensions'.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert ,

Actually my license expired few days back so I am unable to open your file , can you please write down how you are doing?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert ,

Thanks I think that will work but right now chart says "allocated memory exceeded", Why is this coming up?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert ,

That was my mistake I just forgot one bracket. Thanks again you saved my day. Lot of cheers...