Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Barchart vs. multi-diagram (bars, lines, dots)

Hi,

I am currently facing the problem that in a barchart I cannot seem to be able to implement a second y-axis when I have two stacked columns. Is that right or have I done something wrong here?

I know that a barchart cannot display lines, so I would like to display my quota as another column (not stacked.) But, since this is a percentage (about 0.1 or so), I need a second y-axis. I tried to implement that and place it on the right, but as yet I failed.

Can somebody give me a hint here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Axis properties, choose the second expression and then choose right Right (top) in the position radio buttons on the right hand side.

Jonathan

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi jonberoughavone,

in the meantime I found out how to establish a second axis. Thanks anyway!

What still bothers me is that I want to stack two of my three columns, but leave the third one separate.

Can I do that at all?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use a primary dimension that only operates across thee first two expressions perhaps ?

Jonathan

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi jonbroughavone,

I'm afraid I don't quite understand you. What do you mean? The dimension is "date" for all three of my formulas - every day, I have

- a total nr. (100-1000 approx.)

- a nr. of erroneous bookings (10-100 approx.)

- a quota (the % of erroneous bookings relative to the total)

I can implement a second y-axis all right - but somehow that seems to become active only when I have the columns grouped, not stacked. When I stack them, they are all stacked - all three - which is wrong.

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you want a bar chart, with one or more groups of three columns running along the horizontal axis. The three columns would be total nr, nr of erroneous bookings and %age of column(2)/column(1)

Q: Is it just one group of these three columns, or is it mutliple groups of them ?

Q. Is date used to make multiple groups of these columns ?

Columns 1 and 2 would be stacked, so that different colours show the sums for different values of a dimension

Q. Is date used to make the different layers on the stacked columns ?

Do you have an example. In the attached file I've attempted to recreate what I think you want, as both a single group and multiple groups. There are examples with seperate charts and attempts at combined charts. As you can see, the Stacking feature may not be sophisticated enough to accomodate mutliple expressons on the one chart, as it stacks the expressions instead of the dimension.

Jonathan

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi jonbroughavone,

I think we are still talking beside each other.

There is nothing like groups in my diagram. I will try to explain as precisely as possible what I'm trying to do:

- I want just one chart.

- The dimension is the date - nothing to stack here.

- The three espressions I have are

- a total nr. of bookings

- a nr. of erroneous bookings

- a percentage (erroneous bookings rel. to total nr. of bookings)

- One y-axis can accommodate the first two as the nr. ranges between 100 and 1000, approx.

- For the third expression (the percentage) I need another axis as this is to be in % and ranges from 0 to 1 (actually, 0.5 would be enough)

- The first two expressions (total_nr._of_bookings and nr._of_erroneous_bookings) should be stacked.

- The last expression should be a separate column beside, according to the second y-axis.

However, since in your example there are roughly all the things I have been able to come up with, but not what I want, I guess it is not possible. No big problem, the users will just have to make do with an "un-stacked" multi-diagram.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand now. Please see attached where a Combo chart is used, with the third percentage expression as a line instead of a bar, therefore avoiding the stacking.

Jonathan

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi jonbroughavone,

the Combo chart is what I currently have 😉 However, somehow your combo chart has the first and second formula stacked AND you have a second y-axis.

That would be exactly what I would have wanted to begin with - only I think stacking is not available for the combo chart. How did you do that?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Anonymous
Not applicable

A full circle then. It happens : 0)

The stacking seems to still be an option for the bars in the combo. May switching a bar that was stacked to a combo bypassed some checks. I'm using Qv 11 SR 2. developer.

In case you didn't notice, I deduct the erroneous bookings from the bookings expression.

Jonathan