Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Date Comparison

I would like to get all records that have been added in the last 180 days. I'm bringing my DateAdded field in via a SQL Select statement. It is a datetime field.

I'm setting the following variables because I want today to actually be 12/31/2012. Then I'm creating a variable that gets a date that is 180 days in the past as a datetime format.

Let vStartDate = makedate(2012,12,31);

Let vMinus180 = date(vStartDate-180, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT');

I basically want an expression that shows the count of orders that have a date from the vStartDate to the vMinus180. Something like:

=vStartDate - DateAdded <= 180

or something else using the vMinus180 variable.

Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

try :

=Count({<AddedDate={'>=$(=vStartDate)<=$(=vMinus180)' }>} AddedDate)

vStartDate = makedate(2012,12,31);

vMinus180 = date(vStartDate-180, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT');

vMinus180 = date(vStartDate-180);   // to ensure that both the variables are in default date format.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

you can do a

LOAD

Resident

TABLENAME

Where

DATE_ADDED > $(vMinu180)

hope this helps.

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

HI,

Try this

=Count(Date={'>=$(=vStartDate)<=$(=vMinus180)'}, YearDimensionName=, MonthDimensionName=, QuarterDimensionName=, WeekDimensionName=>} RecordID)

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

What are you doing with the dimensions? What are they for? I just want a count of records where DateAdded > vMinus180. Not sure I follow what you are doing with the dimensions.

Thanks,

Justin

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

=Count(Date={'>=$(=vStartDate)<=$(=vMinus180)'}, YearDimensionName=, MonthDimensionName=, QuarterDimensionName=, WeekDimensionName=>} RecordID)

Date={'>=$(=vStartDate)<=$(=vMinus180)'} - This restricts the date to last 6 months

YearDimensionName - Excludes the year dimension

MonthDimensionName - Excludes the month dimension

QuarterDimensionName - Excludes the quarter dimension

WeekDimensionName- Excludes the week dimension

If any month is selected then only that month value is displayed in graph, that is why we are excluding the selection.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Jagan,

Date={'>=$(=vStartDate)<=$(=vMinus180)'}  Is this assuming I have a Date dimension?

I actually don't have a date dimension. There also seems to be an error because there are two closing curly brakets and only one open.

Thanks,

Justin

tresesco
MVP
MVP

try :

=Count({<AddedDate={'>=$(=vStartDate)<=$(=vMinus180)' }>} AddedDate)

vStartDate = makedate(2012,12,31);

vMinus180 = date(vStartDate-180, 'M/D/YYYY hh:mm:ss TT');

vMinus180 = date(vStartDate-180);   // to ensure that both the variables are in default date format.