Dynamic aggregation

Hi guys,

I ask your help to solve a little big issue

I have a table like this:

Marker   Marker2   Data  Month ....

zee         zee         5

bfr         zee           7

tfr          gip           8

The list of Marker and of Marker2 is the same...and in my table I have a row for all the possible combination between Marker and Marker2.

Marker2 is a sort of aggregation of Marker.

In the presentation layer the user wants to choose which marker2 have to correspond to  a marker. IN other words Marker2 is an aggregation of Marker and the user wants to create this aggregation in the presentation layer dynamically.

P.S.

The number of Marker/Marker2 can change

Thanks

• Re: Dynamic aggregation
          Varun Prakash Paulraj

Please explain the question in detail with full table structure and a example.

Regards

• Re: Dynamic aggregation

Ok...I will try...

My goal is to calculate the exposure to risk (in terms of money) of my sales of raw materials.

The risk is due to a series of risk factors (=marker). For example the USD rate, the price of Brent (marker=bre) and so on...

I would like to perform two kind of simulations: STANDARD and AGREGATED. This last according to two kind of calculation methods: RATIOS and SPREAD.

This aggregated simulation is my problem. I called it "AGGREGATED" because I want to calculate the exposure aggregating my markers (risk factor) in marker2.

In my datasource (I have only one table) I have a row for each combination of marker and marker2 but I don't want to use all the combination but only those I choose in presentation layer.

For example:

In the STANDARD simulation I calculate the exposure to risk for all the risk factor listed in marker field (bre, afr, gip)

Marker  Exposure

bre        10

afr         20

gip         5

In the AGGREGATED simulation I want to aggregate all in one row for the marker2 "bre" according to this choice:

marker  marker2

bre         bre

afr          bre

gip         bre

Attention: i would like to take this choice in the presentation layer.

Marker2  Exposure

bre           35

In my datasource I have all the possible combination of marker and marker2 with the relative exposure

I attach my qlik app.

It's very difficult for me to explain my work but please try to help me.

thanks a lot