Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Diagram not showing all data - plz help

Hi,

I'm building a diagram from personell data.

After a lot of trying and after four or five resident loads, I have a table with one record per employee with the holiday_budget he had at year's start, the nr of days he's taken and the nr. of days he has planned - and a nr. of days he has neither taken nor planned.

=> Out of this last figure (days not taken nor planned), I want to build my diagram.

My dilemma is this:

- I can see by using the system_fields that my final table has 483 records - that's 483 employees who had a holiday_budget <> 0 at year's start.

- I use the interval_match function to group these into categories

- The upper limit of every category is my dimension (x-axis) for the diagram

- On the y-axis (formula) I display the nr. of employees within that category.

<=> Even though I know I have enough categories (I have one or two on either side which don't appear, so I guess that means there is no data in those),

the total count is wrong: Instead of 483 (as are in the underlying table), in the categories I only have a total of 373.

I am totally puzzled by this. Can anybody explain to me what might be the reason I'm missing out on 110 employees?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi,

I have found it out - only it doesn't help because I don't understand it 😉

When I untick the checkbox to "hide Null values" on the dimension, there are the 110 missing emps.

But what does that mean - my dimension is not the emp_no (PN), but a category - those 110 are not in any of those categories, but still there are no categories around the ones I have where I might be losing out on someone?!

I blublubludrdrdrdrwaawaa... it's way too warm for this kind of thinking.