4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 27, 2013 6:54 AM by Kaushik Solanki RSS

Can't login to .qvw on access point as admin

Hi,

I'm having an issue where I have user/passwords defined using Section Access.

When I open my .qvw in Qlikview, I can use my defined admin user name and password just fine, but when I login to the .qvw via the Access Point, it won't accept my user/pass.  What is odd is that if I use one of the user/pass combos for a defined user, I can login. 

Very odd behavior.  Any thoughts??  Thanks!

• Re: Can't login to .qvw on access point as admin
          Bill Britt

I would have to see the Section Access load to see what might be the issue. If another user/pw will work and yours will not, then something is wrong with that account. Also, when you login to accesspoint and open a document that has section access applied, everyone is an user even if you have them listed as an administrator.

Bill

• Re: Can't login to .qvw on access point as admin

Hi BIll,

Here is my script:

SECTION Access;

LOAD * Inline [

ACCESS,                    USERID,                    PASSWORD,          HEALTHGOAL

ADMIN,                    ADMIN,                    ADMIN,

USER, COACH1, HEALTHY,                     YES

USER, COACH2,                    HEALTHY,           YES

];

SECTION Application;

So I'm trying to reduce the data on load if Coach1 or Coach2 login and Healthgoal = Yes, while still letting me log in as an admin and see all the data.

Perhaps your last sentence is what I need to fix--just list a user that is technically the "admin," but has no value for the data reduction field in the section access script.