Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Custom LDAP DSC configuration

We are trying to configure Custom LDAP , when i try to distribute the document to a LDAP group it looks like it is not getting distribute to the members of the groups.

When i try to ditribute to individual users it works.

Can some one tell me what we are missing?

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

It seems like the LDAP is not able to resolve group membership. Go to the DSC settings in the QMC, System, Setup, Directory Service Connectors, Configurable LDAP, and clicking on the Pencil icon all the Group fields are set up properly, as well as the LDAP filter field allows group search.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Miguel.

As of now LDAP filter field is left blanks,what should be the attribute entered to enable LDAP search?

Is there any documentation which I can refer which has details about configurable LDAP DSC configuration?

With our current configuration I see individual users and groups ,but as you mentioned group member resolution is not happening.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

The LDAP filter is LDAP syntax referring to where to launch the query. So valid examples would be:

(memberOf=cn=*QlikView*)

or

(|(memberOf=QlikView,ou=Finance,dc=domain,dc=com)(memberOf=QlikView,ou=Marketing,dc=domain,dc=com))

or

(&(objectClass=user)(cn=Finance*))

Ask your LDAP team so they can help you with the current search filter to be as much accurate as possible.

Hope that helps.

Miguel