Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

Is it posible to replicate this in Qlikview

Hi,

I am new to Qlikview and we have been doing some research on good visualisations, with some we would like to replicate in Qlikview.

I was just wondering if it was possible to create the same visuals as seen in the attached link.  Specifically:

• Histogram with Y axis in the middle between the dimensions
  • fixed bar on the histogram with selection to cover multiple ages
  • Images and text present based on the year selected

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/interactive/historic-uk-population-pyramid/index.html

Thanks,

Michael

5 Replies
Not applicable

• Histogram with Y axis in the middle between the dimensions

I could be achieved but it's complicated. You can do it winh 2 bar charts side by side with negative values in the left one, but i dont know how to make axis values show correctly(positive).

• fixed bar on the histogram with selection to cover multiple ages
  • Images and text present based on the year selected

This could be easily achieved via variables, sliders, buttons and text objects.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

With a bit of work it can be done. Using two chart objects. Or using inline bar charts. You can add a slider object for the year. You can load images into qlikview in a table with the bundle load statement. You can then display the image for the selected year in a textbox. And when loading the images you can also load the text for the year in the same table. You can then display the text for the year in another text box.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
marcus_sommer

You could also try it with a butterfly straight table. Not quite so nice how in the link, but it worked - see attachment.

- Marcus

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for the response marcus, could you possibly convert the file to open in the desktop version?

Mike.

marcus_sommer

Only QV could build apps which have free access for personal edition like the demo-apps. But with the screenshots within the attachment you will be able to built such a chart. Important are the butterfly-style with a dimension between the two expressions and the repeat() function with chr(9607) which defined the length of each age-cluster.

- Marcus