6 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2010 4:19 AM by At titude RSS

How to fix the application path while loading the data in to document which is there inside the Windows Application.

Hi All,

I need to open the qv document inside the windows application. User may install our application in any of the folder/drive. So instead of fixing the path to access the qv document I have fixed the application so that we no need to worry about where the user is going to install the application.

See the below code which shows how I am accessing the qv document no matter where the user install the application.

Private Sub Command1_Click()
      QlikOCX1.OpenDocument App.Path + "\OCX.qvw", "", "" //Fixed the application path
      End Sub

Same thing I need to do in LOAD data also. How can fix the application path while loading the data? So that we no need to worry in which drive/folder the data is loaded.

Sales:
      ODBC CONNECT TO [Data];
      SQL SELECT SBU,
      `PRD_CD`,
      `PRD_DESC`,
      TYPE,
      PACKING,
      `COMP_`,
      BRAND,
      ORG,
      ZONE,
      REGION,
      AREA,
      `HQ_DESC`,
      DATE,
      SQTY,
      SVAL,
      TQTY,
      TVAL,
      //FYEAR,
      FORMU
      FROM `E:\QLIKVIEW\APPLICATION\DATA`\new3; //How to fix the application path here

Can some one help me out to fix the application path to load the data like the way I did for loading the document into windows application.

Hope to receive from some one soon.