Add the third one: QlikView Server (either the Small Business or the Enterprise Edition) without QlikView Publisher. This is actually quite common and, although this does not offer the same flexibility of QlikView Publisher, Server reloads work fine and can be managed all at the same time in the QlikView Management Console of the Server.
Hope that helps.
Yes, I looked at the Qlikview Server reference document, and it describes the Server Reload Engine in section 6.8. However I have not been able to find any information on how to set it up to reload/refresh a QVW.
Is there a seperate document that I can refer to that describes the step need to setup the Reload engine, or any linformation that describes the step I need to take to set it up?
Thanks in advacne.
You have to give the path in Qlikview management console.
1) QMC>system>qlikview server>seklect QVS@qlikview>click on folder>under root folder" write the path of your qvw" like C:\qlikciew>dashborad.
2) In mounted folder give Qlikview generator path
3)Then click on another tab ie Document(on top) inj QMC
Here you will see the all Qvw and qlikview generator qvw that is under the your root folder path and qlikview generator.
Select the qvw > click on reload>schudule time for that for each one qvw.
You can refresh the qvw by scheduling a task in qlikview server as mention by "BILL" or create a batch file and schedule it using windows task scheduler in control panel.
1) open a notepad file --- > writ the code --->
"C:\QV.exe folder path\Qv.exe " /r "Application Path\filename.qvw".
2) save this file using ".bat" extensing as "abc.bat".
3) open control panel-----> click on task scheduler ---> call this file and schedule the time.